Followers

Monday, September 2, 2013

Squigglefly Challenge this week -Use a flower or an Image of a Flower


What with it Fall and Halloween approaching next month, I wanted to use a Judith Hart digital called Halloween Circle on the Flower Challenge on Squigglefly.  What FUN it was!

I had this great paper that had a Frankenstein in one corner and a witch in the opposite corner.  I used Frank, trimmed down the 1" border to 1/2" and then used that trim to make matching borders on the opposite sides.  Using a nested circle die, I cut through the dp and the card blank, making a "window" into the inside of the card.  Where I used Judith's great digi matted onto a slightly larger black circle.  I had this great pumpkin paper for the inside and used another die cut for the stamped halloween sentiment, raised up on pop dots.  The large black flower was one I got in a swap from a friend-it had this neat beaded clear center in it-I colored it with Copics so that the orange made it pop.  Now on to use the Witch!!  Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

  1. Oh Goodness - this is the perfect Halloween card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful compliment!! thank you so much for that!!
      Carolyn

      Delete
  2. Carolyn,
    Wow, this is so very darling! I love the cutout and the characters - big smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card... I love the colors and the way you did the whole thing... might even steal the layout is you do not mind..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh be my guest Debbie-how flattering! I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Carolyn, this is TOO CUTE! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, The papers on this are wonderful and your sketch is the BEST. You totally made this image shine! Impressive work my friend! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am loving this card, the layout is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Carolyn! the papers you used blend with the image so well to create a wonderfully scary Halloween scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn, this is fantastic! I love the window that you cut out and your layout is just perfect to showcase this image! That black flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete