Followers

Monday, March 3, 2014

Favorite Colors Challenge at Squigglefly!


I ALWAYS love it when I can use colors that make me happy and put a smile on my face!  This week's challenge at Squigglefly lets me do that!  MY fave colors are blue and green-could explain why I love the ocean, waves, hearing the sound of the waves breaking on a beach, pools, especially the ones you see in those commercials for the Bahamas.  And here I am in the land-locked state of Illinois!
This image is intricate but FUN to color-it's named "In the Country II by Judith Hart, a very talented artist that gives you so many selections to use in the Squigglefly shop.  The thing I like about the image is that it has so many vignettes-you could almost tell little stories about each setting!  I'm giving this to a friend that is finally moving into her home after 6 months-I hope she feels the Peace that I feel when I use these colors.  I finished the card with 2 felt flowers that I cut from a Die-Namics die and then rolled and glued them. I also added some orange Stickles to the shape in the middle.
I hope you will join in the fun at our weekly challenge and show us what YOUR favorite colors are!  The winner will get an image of their choice to add to their library!

13 comments:

  1. Wow Carolyn, I love the bright colors and how you colored this - I almost thought the blue was paper pieced! I love the trees too. Your friend will love this - I'll bet she frames it and hangs it in her new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I didn't know what else to do but put swirly waves on the lighthouse "mound"! I never thought that it looked like a paper piecing-but it sure does! I took my time to get each little scene complete before moving on--I'm so glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Card Carolyn! I too had thought there was paper piecing. Glad for your dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Linda! High compliment coming from you! It was so much fun to do!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful coloring and that image is so whimsical, no wonder you like it! I love your color combo choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet remarks Pat! I'm so glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. Great image and your colors and coloring are so great! Fun and very artistic! I like this one too - wouldn't you like to be there? Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! Yeah I'd be in the top water area with the blue waves LOL!

      Delete
  5. Perfect card,Carolyn! Love your fav.colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda! Was a great challenge-love the idea of a color challenge!

      Delete
  6. So pretty. Beautiful colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job with this image.. I think I would have been afraid of it.. great background papers too

    ReplyDelete