Followers

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Make a Splash theme at Doodle Pantry Challenge this month AND JULY Launch!


There's this great release at Doodle Pantry called Sailing Away and it has some beautiful full sail ships, map paper, deep solid colored "paper" and various sentiments.  It's wonderful for those Masculine cards we all need!  And thought it was appropriate for the "Splash" theme!

I've always loved paper piecing so saw a great opportunity to fancy cut some of the sails, roll them around a pencil for the curve I needed, and attached them in strategic places-hope you can tell from the close up picture!  I wanted to create the feel of the ship riding the waves so extended it past the shortened card front.  In the inside, I used the map digital paper and then used the Lost At Sea sentiment included with the kit.  Using the Blackadder font from my computer I added the phrase "Without You" to the sentiment and now I have a verse that's lovey dovey!  I'd gotten a Wave die a few months back so went and grabbed it and made some darker blue curled waves--wanted some froth on the waves so added some flower soft to the curl..  Ahhh I can smell the sea breeze already! 
The challenge for July will have a theme choice of “Christmas” OR “Make a splash” (images with water or water creatures….. up to creative interpretation).  So this means that you can join the challenge with a project of either one of the theme choices. You can only enter once though.
These's also a SALE going on over at the Doodle Pantry Shop: 40% off the entire store from July 1 through 7 (sales always EXCLUDE fundraiser products, bundles of 2 or more products and gift certificates).
Come over and join us on our challenge and see all the fantastic creations.  While you are seeing our release posts early in the day, the Challenge doesn't start until 12 noon EST.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just stunning. The dimension on the sail boat is just awesome.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The details on this are amazing. What a gorgeous card, Carolyn, and a perfect card for the "make a splash" theme. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pat!! I'm glad you like it! I love to paper piece!

      Delete
  3. Oh, my goodness. This is soo beautiful. Love the 3-D sails and the waves. Going to keep this in my "to be CASED" file but it will be awhile before I make one, especially after all the cards I made with this set last month. But I love this set and LOVE your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Carolyn, the colours are so deep and rich! I just love that you kept it clean and simple, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3D in the card is awesome! So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Wow. I love the 3-D effects on this. What a cool project. You always do amazing things with paper my friend. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, an breath taking...a great one I will love to case at some point. What a vision!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty is this card? Love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just WOW! This card is amazing and so beautifully done. And, yes, I can definitely smell the sea breeze with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ann! Was worth the time it took to fancy cut the sails-I love to paper piece!

      Delete