Followers

Sunday, December 13, 2015

It's Christmas Time at Lacy Sunshine Stamps~Celebrating with "Sugi Toy Soldier"

 I'm so happy to showcase one of the great images in the Lacy Sunshine Stamps collections--Featuring "Sugi".  This one is called Sugi Toy Soldier and I colored her Rich in the glorious colors of Christmas.
Usually you would see the uniform done in the reds and greens of the Holidays but, when I saw this, I thought of black velvet and shimmering gold voile.  I put some Wink of Stella on the gown's petals and then used a gold metallic pen on the shoulder braids.
The background is done by coloring with a couple shades of blue copic and then, using a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol I dotted the wet tip all over the blue.  The more I let it rest in the spot, the larger circle it made.  A friend shared that technique with me and I really like the effect.  White chunky Frantage was used as the snowflake effect.
For the base of the card, I used a rich specialty "red velvet" paper
from Hot off the Press-SO scrumptious. For the mat behind Sugi, I used a great plaid on top of a deep green.  I placed red faceted buttons on the corners, wrapped the matted image with white sheer ribbon and tucked a border die cut of evergreen boughs under one edge after spraying it with an iridescent spray.  On the inside, I used the red velvet and plaid as the background for the Joy die cut.
I have so enjoyed this month of celebration of Christmas at Lacy Sunshine Stamps.  There are SO MANY Christmas digi images in their store to use on your projects.  They are bound to put a smile on your face and who doesn't want to start the day like that!  Hope to see your creations soon!



2 comments:

  1. Carolyn! This is wow! Gotta try that background technique! Very rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! It's really simple and unique looking-Thank you for the sweet remarks!

      Delete